Kolby Warren is an associate attorney with McCormally & Cosgrove, PLLC. She is an integral part of the McCormally & Cosgrove team. Kolby was born and raised in Centerville, Iowa. She attended Simpson College, graduating Cum Laude with a major in Political Science and a minor in Business Management in 2015. After Simpson, she attended Drake Law School, graduating with her Juris Doctorate in May 2018 and was admitted to the Iowa Bar in September 2018. While at Drake, Kolby was the Secretary for the Drake Student Bar Association, a member and editor for the Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, and was active in the Drake Legal Clinic working on a variety of legal issues. While in law school, Kolby contributed to the book, Advances in the Biology and Management of Modern Bed Bugs, published in 2018 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Kolby is active in the Jack D. Levin Family Law Inn of Court, and is currently a board member for the 2020-2021 term. She has volunteered with the Pro Bono Project in New Orleans, Louisiana to provide family law and estate planning services to low-income clients and continues to be an advisor at her alma mater, for the Simpson’s College chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Kolby has a general trial practice that includes family law, probate, guardianship and juvenile matters. In her free time, she teaches kickboxing classes and stays busy remodeling her first home.
- State of Iowa (2018)
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Jack D. Levin Family Law Inn of Court; Executive Board Member, Membership Committee Member
- Kappa Kappa Gamma, Omicron Deuteron Chapter; Advisory Board Member and Ritual Adviser
- Preparatory education: Simpson College
- B.A., Political Science, 2015, cum laude
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Legal education: Drake University Law School
- J.D., 2018
- Student Bar Association; Secretary
- Journal of Agricultural Law; Article Editor
- Student Attorney, Middleton Center for Children’s Rights, (2017-2018)
- Law Clerk, Lipman Law Firm, (2016-2016)