Maureen Cosgrove is a zealous advocate.
Maureen cultivates personal relationships with her clients and helps them through numerous difficult situations. Whether it be a family dispute, assistance after being injured, drafting a will, or questions about the best business formation for one’s business, she is accessible and here for you.
Maureen was born and raised in Holstein, Iowa and is a third-generation attorney. She is proud of her Iowa roots and has dedicated her career to serving the people of Iowa. Maureen maintains a general practice that includes litigation and transactional work in the areas of family law, business law, personal injury, and probate. She has tried numerous cases from beginning to end and represented clients in front of the Iowa Appellate Court.
Prior to McCormally & Cosgrove, Maureen has been a corporate attorney, an Assistant with the Iowa Attorney General’s Office representing Child Support Recovery in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and an Associate at the Baer Law Office in Des Moines, Iowa. She graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a B.A. in History and from Hamline School of Law with a J.D. While at Hamline she participated in the Litigation Advocacy courses and interned at the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Maureen resides in the Beaverdale neighborhood of Des Moines with her husband, Matthew, and their three sons. When she is not at work, she is busy running between football, baseball, and basketball practice and playing with Poppy, her family’s golden retriever.
- State of Iowa (2009)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Polk County Women Attorneys
- Holy Trinity Parish, Des Moines, IA
- Member of Edwin C. Moore Inn of Court
- Member of Jack D. Levin Family Law Inn of Court
- Member of Central Iowa Collaborative Attorneys
- Speaker at NBI Institute: How to Prepare and File Probate Inventory May 2020
- Preparatory education: University of Northern Iowa
- B.A., History and Minor in Political Science and International Affairs, 2006
- Phi Eta Sigma, Collegiate Honors Society
- Legal education: Hamline University School of Law
- J.D., 2009
- Litigation Advocacy and Litigation Trial Teams
- Phi Alpha Delta
- SBA Election Committee
- Associate Attorney, Baer Law Office, (2012-2016)
- Iowa Attorney General’s Office, (2010-2012)
- Corporate Counsel, Menards Inc, (2010-2010)
- Law Clerk, Ramsey County Attorney’s Office, (2008-2009)
- Legal Content Associate, Thomson Reuters (Westlaw), (2007-2008)